Carrier Route Map Samples
Mapping service bureaus that specialize in direct marketing can provide maps of carrier routes. Key to finding a good provider is examining their data quality. Below is a quality check-list.
Carrier Route Map Quality Check-List
1. Do they update their data regularly?
If not, youíre probably getting stale data - some providers even have the wrong ZIP Codes in their maps!. There are thousands of ZIP Code boundary changes and hundreds of thousands of carrier route boundary changes every quarter.
2. Do their carrier routes nest within ZIP Codes or do they cross multiple ZIP Codes?
You will notice in Maponics' maps, the carrier routes nest perfectly within every ZIP Code. If you receive a carrier route map where the routes cross ZIP Codes, you will know that data cannot be trusted.
3. Do they clearly explain the project specifications and ask for your explicit agreement?
That way, you know exactly what you are getting before you are charged a dime.
4. Do they provide clear samples representing what you will receive?
If itís hard to get good samples from a provider, how confident can you be in their commitment to you as a customer?
5. Do they understand the direct marketing industry?
Find a mapping service bureau that specializes in direct marketing. They will be able to quickly understand your priorities.
6. Do they have additional offerings that are easy to understand and customize?
You may just need a simple map now but what happens as your needs evolve?
7. Can you read all the labels?
While mapping multiple map features is difficult, the carrier routes should all be labeled, even carrier routes that are "split" (where part of the route is on one side of town and the other part is farther away).
8. Are their streets up to date?
If the street data is too old, the maps will not be useful. Find a mapping provider that updates their street data quarterly.